Attempting to do your company’s digital marketing in house may be a mistake. Digital marketing requires not only a deep understanding of a very broad spectrum of marketing strategies, from social media marketing to SEO (to name a few), but also requires the time and resources to implement various digital marketing strategies, track their performance and adjust them throughout your campaign. Because of this, most roofing businesses are better off seeking help from a digital marketing agency.
However, not all digital marketing agencies are the same. The last thing you want to do is hire a digital marketing agency that does a poor job marketing your business. Not only would this be a waste of money, it could hurt your company’s ability to grow. The following are a few tips for choosing a reputable digital marketing agency:
- Look at their website – An agency that doesn’t put any effort into their website is not an agency you want to work with. After all, you’re going to be putting them in charge of making sure your website is user-friendly and properly optimized. If they can’t create a good website for themselves, what makes you think they can improve or build your website? Spend some time going through their site. Make sure that it’s easy to navigate, that their pages load quickly and that they have all the basic pages a site should have, including an about us page, a contact page and a blog.
- Look into their reputation – You can find out what an agency’s reputation is like by doing some basic research on the web. Search the agency on social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, for customer reviews and comments. You should also check their website for testimonials. A good agency will have customer testimonials to back their reputation. Keep an eye out for any rewards they may have won for their work as well – industry awards are usually a good indicator of a solid agency.
- Ask about their current clients – Not only should an agency be able to provide you with the names of a handful of current clients (hopefully, some of these names are impressive as well), but they should be able to give you a few references that you can contact. Find out how many clients they currently have to get an idea of how much attention your company will get. A large agency with hundreds of clients may not give your company as much attention as a smaller agency with just a handful of clients.
- Look for long-term partnerships – When speaking with an agency, get a feel for whether they focus on creating a long-term relationship or whether they just go in and out. You should be able to tell by the way they sell their company, but if you can’t, ask them how long they’ve been with their oldest client. An agency that’s been around for a decade but that has only worked with their oldest client for less than a year should be avoided. It means that either their clients don’t stay with them for long for one reason or another, which is a big red flag.
- Ask about their process – Avoid agencies that seem to have a blue print that they follow for every one of their clients. Every company’s marketing needs are different. A good agency will recognize this – and their process will begin by determining what your specific needs are, such as through a website audit and an in-depth conversation with you.
These tips should help you find a digital marketing agency that can meet your roofing company’s specific needs.